All European Youth Cardholders aged 18 to 29 are invited to apply to become a member of the EYCA Youth Panel – an advisory body to the EYCA Board.
Who we are
We are the European Youth Card Association (EYCA) – a non-governmental, not-for-profit association of 38 member organisations in 36 countries across Europe. Together we issue the European Youth Card to 6 million young people and work to empower Europe’s youth.
Find out more about us at www.eyca.org.
What’s the EYCA Youth Panel?
The EYCA Youth Panel gives you the opportunity to help create services for over 6 million young Europeans while gaining skills and international working experience. The Panel is composed of 10 young people, aged 18-29, selected from among European Youth Cardholders.
What’s your role?
Your 2-year mandate will mainly consist in:
- Participating in insights workshops where you will debate and give input on how young people can be supported;
- Building a strong online presence to promote European Youth Card programmes and opportunities amongst young people;
- Running local or national actions to engage your peers in debates on European topics;
- Attending European youth events and promoting the community of cardholders.
What’s in for you?
- One-of-a-kind leadership programme with like-minded young people from across Europe;
- The opportunity to make a difference and enact change for young people in your community and abroad;
- The possibility to travel across Europe for meetings and events.
Who are we looking for?
If you tick all the boxes below, we’d love to hear from you:
- Aged 18-29 years old
- Have a valid European Youth Card on the date you apply
- Fluent in English
- Have limited or no experience in volunteering or being active with an NGO
- Strong motivation to be part of the EYCA Youth Panel and in a position to commit for 2 years.
How to apply?
- Record a video about yourself (no longer than 2 minutes). Please tell us:
- Why do you want to be part of the EYCA Youth Panel?
- What are the causes you feel passionate about and you’d like to work on?
- How can you help promote European Youth Card opportunities to young people?
- How do you think this experience will help you?
- Upload the video on YouTube.
- Fill in the form available at https://goo.gl/s4RdtS by the 30th of November 2018.