The organization has mainly consultative responsibilities, and it is also undertaking the implementation of programs related to youth. In order this to be achieved, an approval from the Council of Ministers is necessary either in the form of the annual budget approval or via any other particular decision. The Board of Directors as an advisory body, makes suggestions through the Minister of Education and Culture to the Council of Ministers, for the development of a well-integrated and targeted policy on youth affairs, that will promote the below Organization’s objectives:
- To encourage the progress and prosperity for the young people of Cyprus
- To provide opportunities for the young people and their organisations in order to actively participate and be responsible for the social, economic and cultural development of their community and their country in general
- To facilitate a creative and healthy environment for youth with a positive disposal
- To provide effective solution to current youth problems
The Minister of Education and Culture has the authority to issue and provide to the Board of Directors general instructions on the performance of its responsibilities, that are considered as vital for the Republic interest. The Minister also has the authority to request from the Board of Directors any reports, accounts details and other further information related to the Organizations’ activities and assets.
Within the framework of the organization, the below advisory bodies are operating chaired by the Chair of the Board of Directors. They usually undertake studies of issues of their competency and submit recommendations for consideration and further promotion to the Board of Directors.
- The Political Committee: representatives from different Youth organisations of different Cyprus political parties with a Parliamentary Group are participating.
- The Trade Union House: involves workers, agriculture and scientific youth associations, student federations and other organisations characterised by a Pancyprian spirit and verifiable action. The Trade Union House is consisted of the Trade Union Committee and the Student Committee. Both of them can submit separately their suggestions to the Board of Directors.
- The Student Committee: it is consisted of the Chair of the Board of Directors and two representatives from each student federation or organisation with a Pancyprian spirit and verifiable action.
- The Trade Union Committee: it is consisted of the Chair of the Board of Directors and two representatives from each Youth Department of trade unions and agriculture associations with a Pancyprian spirit and verifiable action.
- The Advisory Body: two representatives from each Youth Organisation and any Organisation that is directly or indirectly relatad to youth issues are participating in this body.
These Advisory Bodies meet on a regular basis or at least as follows:
- The Political Committee every month
- The Trade Union Committee and the Student Committee every three months
- The Trade Union House whenever it is considered as necessary by its Chair, or if it is requested in writing at least by the two thirds of each committee that constitute the Trade two times per year.