The Youth Board of Cyprus actively supports the specific scheme that it is operating under the umbrella of the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism (Industrial Development Service), as the implementing agency. The program aims to develop, support and promote entrepreneurship to young people for the development of new and sustainable SMEs, through financial support and educational training courses. Through this scheme particular emphasis is given to the usage of new technologies and innovative production methods, to the promotion of products and services, to the enhancement of entrepreneurship in the field of the environment and generally to the promotion of modern entrepreneurial operations for the development of dynamic, evolving and competitive businesses. Young people can participate in this program that:
- Have reached the 20th year of age and do not exceed the 39th at the date of application submission.
- Are unemployed, employed or self-employed.
- Did not exercise any business activity at least a year before the date of the application submission.
The YBC within the framework of the program is responsible for:
- The promotion of the program and the distribution of any relevant information to the interested young people.
- The organisation of seminars in order to present and analyse the program.
- The provision of technical assistance and other consulting services to the interested people.
- To enhance the cooperation between the young entrepreneurs participating to the program.
Within this framework YBC organises informational seminars in all the cities of Cyprus before the applications deadline. In addition, it offers FREE counseling services for the provision of information on the Program and for help young people to submit successfully their business plan and application. Responsible Youth Officer is Anna Loizou (tel. 22402615, e-mail: email@example.com).